The British Association of Paediatric Urology & Continence Nurses
Our society, closely affiliated with the British association of Paediatric Urologists, is an organisation of specialist nurses and associated staff providing care and support for children with urological conditions or imapired continence. Our full constitution can be viewed HERE
- Provide strategic direction for the Children’s Urology and Continence Community.
- Participate and organise educational events within and external to our field of practice most notably the annual BAPU/BAPUCN urology course.
- Co-ordinate work including, operational plans, online website and conference activity.
- Advise and inform RCN with regards to documentation in relation to urological and continence management of children or young people.
- To be a point of contact and support for nurses who have an interest in caring for children, young people’s and their families with urology and/or continence issues.
- To provide nurses with networks for professional support, advice and development.
- To promote and support the development of evidence-based/best practice in all fields of children’s urology and continence nursing.
- To influence and lobby external organizations and ensure that paediatric urology and continence remains on the political agenda.